While I’m usually great with my skincare, I’m lacking with consistent body care when it comes to the potions and lotions. In the past year though, I have been making a great effort. I’ve been exfoliating in the shower 1-2 times a week, dry brushing about 5 days a week, and trying to moisturize after my bath. Taking the time to moisturize my body always gets me, but it’s really just a matter of a few minutes. The key for me is starting my bathroom routine before I’m completely exhausted. Simple, but I don’t always do it. Recently, I’ve been faithful with two OSEA products for about a month now, and the combination of the feel of them on my skin, the way they make my skin look, and the subtle beautiful scent, feels like an indulgent ritual. OSEA is upping my bodycare routine right now.
A little bit of OSEA’s history. Inspired by her grandmother’s discovery of the healing powers of seaweed and the ocean many years earlier, a woman launches OSEA in 1996. OSEA (pronounced oh-see-uh) products are made from their own sustainable, proprietary seaweed-based ingredients. Seaweed is where the magic is coming from in their formulations. OSEA has also been ahead of the game in the clean beauty world, and consistently paving the way and making positive changes. There are zero artificial fragrances, dyes, and synthetic ingredients in their products. They also became the first Ocean Positive beauty brand in 2022 and offset more carbon than they create.
My Bodycare Routine With OSEA’S Undaria Body Butter & Body Oil
- OSEA Undaria Algae Body Butter – The most decadent jar of body butter. They describe the texture as “butter-rich” and that is spot on. It is incredibly softening and the soft grapefruit scent is ‘uplifting. I’ve been applying it after my bath most nights and also using it as a hand cream at my desk.
- A great way to try it out is in OSEA’s Golden Glow Discovery Undaria Body Set – a really good value to try out both the body butter and body oil. The set is body oil forward which I liked, but you may just want to grab the big jar of butter if you prefer lotions over oils.
- OSEA Undaria Body Oil – I’m a big fan of oils and the glow they give to our skin. This one is no exception. OSEA makes this popular gem by soaking it in seaweed for up to 6 months. It’s the same subtle grapefruit scent as the body butter. Citrus can go either way for me, but this scent is beautiful and subtle. I like to squirt a bit of this mixed in with the butter after my bath at night. I also apply it by itself during the day to give my arms and legs a nice glow.
- Plant-Based Body Dry Brush
- This dry brush is the crème de la crème of dry brushes. It feels amazing, is extra comfortable to hold, and makes my skin feel much softer than the others I previously used. It is firmer which is beneficial, but if you ever find a dry brush too firm, rub it against an old softer one to soften the bristles a tad. It gets softer with time either way though. I also use less pressure on my upper half vs. my lower half. If it’s your first time using one, give it time to get accustomed to it. I have an older dry brushing post and video here.
All of OSEA’s products come in beautiful thick glass containers. They look and feel luxurious.
I try to share all, so I want mention that I also tried out their Ocean Facial Cleanser for a good three weeks and that one is not for me. The ingredients are great and I had high hopes for it, yet my skin is so used to oil cleansing after many years that it just didn’t love the change. If you like a traditional cleanser though, don’t let my experience deter you. It’s rated 4.8 with over 300 reviews and is a top seller as well. I wanted to love it. It looks beautiful in my shower, smells divine, and felt like I was at a spa putting it on. Mine won’t go to waste though. I’ll be gifting it to someone else to try out. Tidbit: I was never one to spend that much on a cleanser, but you only need the smallest little pump to have plenty to wash your face. So the bottle will last a long time with small pumps if you are eyeing this one. (I didn’t even need to pump it all of the way down.)
I’m excited to try out more of their products in the future. When I do, I will share. For now, I’m relishing in my new body care routine.
Shop OSEA. Discount Coupon Code – herhealthystyle10 – saves 10% off your first order
PIN IT to Share The Love 🤍 OSEA Upping My Bodycare Routine:
Find me on the daily @herhealthystyle on Instagram. Thanks for joining me here! Xx Riane
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I am only featuring items I love. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you so much for your support! See my full disclosure.