Summer is the time where all want that healthy, dewy, glowing skin. Although I believe what we put into our body is the most important for healthy looking skin, a good skincare routine along with some makeup can work wonders. Of course, there are the anomalies who were just blessed with great, even toned skin, regardless of what they do, but as for the rest of us… I’m here to share my clean & natural summer makeup with you.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so much for your support! See my full disclosure.
Clean & Natural Summer Makeup
I actually spend the majority of my days at home with zero makeup and only skincare on my face lately. I’ll run to the store, do errands, shoot videos, go out to eat with my husband, all without makeup. It all depends on what I am feeling like. However, for the days that I’m out with friends, have parties or feel like a little something something, I turn to the following items in my makeup drawer to boost that summer “glow”.
My Summer Makeup Go-To’s
- W3LL People Bio Bronzer Stick – I dab some of this on my cheeks and on my eyelids for a quick sun-kissed glow. It makes me look much more awake. It’s a great one to throw in your summer bag as it’s nice and light. You can just dab it on your face when you need a little color. If I am doing a full face of makeup, I’ll apply the Lily Lolo powder bronzer below first, then dab this in a contour line on my cheeks (blend with fingers), and then top with just a dab of the buriti bronzer (listed below) directly on the cheekbone. The layering adds dimension, a better staying power & different tones. This bronzer stick is a universal color that adapts to most skin tones and holds better than most creamy bronzers I’ve tried.
- RMS Buriti Bronzer – It’s a little pot of gold. I love the color of this bronzer. This is also a universal bronzer color for most skin tones. Don’t let the dark color scare you. I even use this one in winter on my pale skin and it looks great. The downside to this bronzer is the staying power, which is why I like to use W3LL as a base for it sometimes. Of course it stays better in winter on dryer skin, but it gives you that sunkissed glow you want in summer.
- Lily Lolo Miami Beach Pressed Powder – I love this natural bronzer because of it’s staying power. It really does last a long time. If you want to fake a tan, this one is for you. You can build it up for a darker color, or you can just use a light sweep of it. I sometimes use it by itself, but often times I layer it was one or both of the above cream bronzers. A powder on the bottom holds the creamy bronzers from coming off as fast too.
Natural Moisturizing Skin Tints with SPF
- Beautycounter Dew Skin Spf 20 No 3 – I’ve had this in my makeup stash for years and have loved it. If you like a full coverage foundation look, this is not for you. If you are into BB Cream, Skin Tints, Tinted SPF’s, look into this one. You can still build it up on days you want a more makeup look, but it still acts more like a BB cream.
- Retractable Foundation Brush – I use this brush to apply the dew skin to my face. I just squeeze a little cream on the tips of my brush on days I apply makeup fast. When I am trying to do an extra good job, I’ll dab a little of the cream on the top of my hand and swirl the brush in the cream that way.
- ILIA Beauty Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 – This is not in my stash at the moment, but I’m eyeing it up right now. It’s a newer product in the clean beauty world with rave reviews.
- RMS Luminizer – This gem really highlights my face. I apply it to the tips of my cheek bones and go up around the top edge of my brows. I’ll also apply the smallest dab to the inside corner’s of my eyes and set it with beautycounter’s highlighter powder. I have the color “magic” right now, but “living” is my favorite.
- Beautycounter Powder Highlighter – I use this mainly as a setting powder to the RMS luminizer in summer. Of course I don’t see it on Beautycounter’s website now, but maybe it will pop back up again.
- W3LL People Bio Correct – Brightens, depuffs and covers the undereye circles. I don’t think another natural concealer could beat this one for me. I’m a big fan.
- Plume Nourish & Define Brow Pomade – I purchased this pomade years ago solely because I was going through so many brow gels & good retractable brow pencils so quickly! I went on the hunt for something that would last a LOT longer. This pomade was reviewed well so I gave it a whirl. It takes a bit to get use to so you don’t use too much, but overall it’s great. It has lasting power, defines, and promotes the growth of your brows. Now that I don’t put on makeup as much, I would give some more brow gels & pencils a try, but this thing doesn’t seem to run out! Ha! I have the color cinnamon cashmere, but I will get chestnut for a little lighter color next time.
Natural Eyeliner & Mascara
- Lily Lolo Natural Vegan Mascara – This is my go to mascara for lengthened lashes. It dries fast, holds the color and doesn’t easily smudge. It’s a good every day mascara when you don’t want the extra makeup look.
- Lily Lolo Big Lash Mascara – This one is for the days when I want some darker, big lashes. I like to use the first mascara for the first coat to lengthen my lashes and then use this as the second coat and even third coat.
- Beauty Counter Liquid Eyeliner – Of course I can’t find this eyeliner on the beautycounter’s website either. Maybe they’ll come back with it? Anyways, this has been my liquid eyeliner the last two years. It creates a super fine thin line. I just layer it up for days I want the line a little thicker.
Those are my summer makeup go-to’s! All the products are labeled under clean and natural makeup brands, but some products are cleaner than other’s. Just like everything else in my life, my goal is not perfection, but to do what I’m comfortable with.
You can use EWG’s Skin Deep for some guidelines and information on certain ingredients and to check how products are rated. A lot of products don’t get listed in there, but if you want to see how some of your mainstream products rate, check it out.
If you are just starting to transition to a cleaner, less toxic beauty world, I would start with your lipsticks/lip balm and perfume if you use those often. Just like the dirty dozen in produce, consider these a dirty two in beauty. The skin on your lips is thin and easily absorbs everything you put on it. The word “fragrance” usually has a ton of undisclosed chemicals hidden behind it that interferes with our endocrine system. Not fun. There are still some toxic perfumes in my closet that I just can’t part with. I don’t use them, but every once in a blue moon I take the cap off and take a faint whiff. Scents are tied to memories and memories are hard to let go of. Plus, I love to look at the pretty bottles.
Do you have any clean beauty products you think I should try out? Comment below! Your comments on any forum inspire future posts! Grateful you are here! 💛🧡💚 Riane @herhealthystyle
SAVE + SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST:
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I am only featuring items I love. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you so much for your support! See my full disclosure.