Clean Beauty Summer Makeup
I already have a summer makeup post on the blog, but I switched a few items this year, so I figured I would share an updated post.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so much for your support! See my full disclosure.
Clean Beauty – Summer Makeup
These are my current go-to’s when I put on makeup lately!
SPF SUNSCREEN FOUNDATION + INVISIBLE BRIGHTENER POWDER
- Suntegrity Impeccable Skin Sunscreen Foundation SPF 30 – The reason why I chose it was because it gets rated a 2 on EWG’s website and it’s 1 point better than my last one. This is a newer product for me and I am just getting the hang of it. I have found my sweet spot with applying it RIGHT after my face oils soak in and then topping it with a little W3LL People Loose Invisible Powder before applying the rest of my makeup. If I’m not using any other face makeup besides this, then I skip the powder. I am using the color buff for summer.
- W3LL People Supernatural Neutral Tan Bronzer Stick – If I run out of the house quickly and want a little something on my face, sometimes this is all that I apply. I dab some of this on my cheeks and on my eyelids for a quick sun-kissed glow. It makes me look much more awake. It’s also an easy one to throw in my handbag as it is nice and light. Their new formula does have less staying power than their previous one, but I really like the stick application, so I bought another one. If I am doing a full face of makeup, I’ll apply the Lily Lolo powder bronzer below first, then dab this in a contour line on my cheeks (blend with fingers), and then top with just a dab of the Buriti Bronzer (listed below) directly on the cheekbone. The layering adds dimension, a better staying power & different tones.
- RMS Buriti Bronzer – It’s a little pot of gold. I just love the color of this bronzer. Don’t let the dark color scare you. I even use this one in winter on my pale skin and it looks great. The downside to this bronzer is the staying power, which is why I like to layer it over powder bronzer when I need it to last. Of course it stays better in winter on dryer skin, but it gives you that sun-kissed glow we want in summer.
- Lily Lolo Miami Beach Pressed Powder – I love this bronzer because of it’s staying power. You can also build it up for a darker color or you can just use a light sweep of it. I sometimes use it by itself, but often times I layer it with one or both of the above cream bronzers. A powder on the bottom holds creamy bronzers from coming off as fast. If you want to fake a tan, this one is for you.
- RMS Luminizer – This gem really highlights my face. I have the color “magic” right now, but “living” is my favorite. I apply it to the tips of my cheek bones and go up around the top edge of my brows. Sometimes I’ll also apply the smallest dab to the inside corner of my eyes and set it with Beautycounter’s Luminous Powder Highlighter (Color Halo).
- W3LL People Bio Correct – My favorite undereye concealer. I don’t think another natural concealer could beat this one for me. I’m a big fan.
- Plume Nourish & Define Brow Pomade – I purchased this pomade years ago solely because I was going through so many brow gels & good retractable brow pencils so quickly. I went on the hunt for something that would last a lot longer. This pomade was reviewed well so I gave it a whirl. It takes a bit to get use to so you don’t use too much, but overall it’s great. It has lasting power, defines, and promotes brow growth. Now that I don’t put on makeup as much, I would give some more brow gels & pencils a try, but this thing doesn’t seem to run out! Ha! I have the color cinnamon cashmere, but I could have went a shade lighter too.
NATURAL EYELINER, EYESHADOW, + MASCARA
- Lily Lolo Natural Vegan Mascara – This is my favorite mascara for lengthened lashes. It dries fast, holds the color and doesn’t easily smudge. It’s a good every day mascara when you don’t want the extra makeup look.
- Lily Lolo Big Lash Mascara – This one is for the days when I want some darker, big lashes.
- Ilia Clean Line Liquid Eyeliner – I like it, but I’m not sold on it as the one despite the hype around it. I will say it is extra easy for those that need help drawing a cat eye. I love a good cat eye. I will probably go back to Zuzu Luxe when this is out.
- Alima Pure Pencil Eyeliner – When I want to use a bottom liner on my lashes, I use this. Color – coffee.
- Ilia Eyeshadow Primer – On the rare days I use eyeshadow I apply a little of this to my lid first and then quickly apply eyeshadow while it’s still a bit damp.
- PYT Beauty NO BS Eyeshadow Palette – I just learned that my No BS palette is no longer made (bummer – it was a great one), so I linked another palette of theirs. PYT shadows normally have great staying power.
RMS Lipstick in Firestarter – A bright orangey red lipstick for summer. I only use it once in awhile, but it’s a fun pop of color when I do. It also stays on my lips for long time.
Antonym Natural Lipstick Pencils – I just found out that these are not made anymore either! I use these fairly often too! They are so great and stay put.
Those are my summer makeup go-to’s! All the products are labeled under clean and natural makeup brands, but some products are cleaner than other’s. Just like everything else in my life, my goal is not perfection, but to do what I’m comfortable with.
You can use EWG’s Skin Deep for some guidelines and information on certain ingredients and to check how products are rated.
If you are just starting to transition to a cleaner, less toxic beauty world, I would start with deodorant, lipsticks/lip balm and perfume if you use those often. Just like the dirty dozen in produce, consider these a dirty three in beauty. The skin on our lips is thin and easily absorbs everything we put on it. The word “fragrance” usually has a ton of undisclosed chemicals hidden behind it that interferes with our endocrine system and the aluminum in conventional deodorants wreaks havoc on us.
I am currently on the hunt for a clean Barbie bubblegum pink matte lipstick or pencil. I can’t seem to find one, so if you know of one, please message me or comment below!
Grateful you are following along! xx Riane
Find me on the daily @herhealthystyle on Instagram
SAVE FOR LATER + SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST: CLEAN BEAUTY SUMMER MAKEUP
YOU MAY ENJOY:
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I am only featuring items I love. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you so much for your support! See my full disclosure.