Best Non-Toxic Nail Polish Brands
My go-to cleaner nail polish brands in the past years have been Dear Sundays and Aila. Aila happened to be having a sale when I recently looked, so I ordered a handful. I have 4 colors on my hand below to see if you like any for yourself!
First, here are some extra tidbits on nail polish.
Is there such a thing as non-toxic nail polish?
I put non-toxic in the title since that is how most people search, but in reality, like most things, even the cleaner nail polishes are a low-tox nail polish, but not no-tox. A common phrase you’ll see associated with low-tox nail polishes are 8-free, 10-free, 14-free, and 16-free. The higher the number the better. It means there are less chemicals and disrupting harmful ingredients in the formula.
Thankfully many conscious brands are continually reformulating their products to make them cleaner and cleaner for us.
Best “Healthiest”, Non-Toxic, Low-Toxic Nail Polish Brands
- Aila: 14-Free, gives an extra shiny finish (has an amazing “better than gel” topcoat for an even longer, shinier manicure), chip resistant, applies easily, fairly long lasting
- Dear Sundays: 10-Free, fairly long lasting, beautiful color selection, a nice shine, lighter colors may need 3 coats
- Zoya: 10-Free: huge color selection, sold all over, fairly long lasting
- Pacifica Plant-Magic Polish: 16-free– which is amazing!, it doesn’t last long though…
- Dazzle Dry: A full lacquer system (nail prep, base coat, top coat, polish) that dries in 5 minutes, lasts long, and looks gel-like. The con here is that it is the priciest of the bunch and you need to apply different layers. However, it does last long and looks great. You can order the system to do at home, otherwise many cleaner nail salons now offer Dazzle Dry.
My personal favorites are Aila and Dear Sundays for at home polish and Dazzle Dry on the rare occasion I get a mani-pedi out.
I’ll still go to a conventional nail salon in a pinch for convenience or if it’s all that is around. It’s not my norm so I don’t think twice about it. I just can’t stand the smell, so I hope for good ventilation. 🙂
Best Non-Toxic Nail Polish For Kids
- Piggy Paint Nail Paint: Extra Clean Kid Nail Polish, Water-Based which means it takes longer to dry and won’t last that long. A great option for the little ones though!
Non-Toxic, Low-Toxic Nail Polish Removers
Non acetone removers take more effort to remove polish, but you won’t have the fumes and harmful ingredients that come along with it.
Thanks for joining me on this journey to live a healthier lifestyle! Xx Riane
Find me on the daily @herhealthystyle on Instagram
Pin, Save, + Share The Love On Pinterest:
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I am only featuring items I love. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you so much for your support! See my full disclosure.