Sometimes we just need a little refresh in the home. Even the smallest of tweaks can make the biggest difference. I am sharing 9 ideas to refresh your home below and most of them are super affordable. Some even free! Whether you pick one or a few things from the list, you will FEEL the change right away.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so much for your support! See my full disclosure.
9 IDEAS TO REFRESH YOUR HOME
- Declutter, declutter, declutter. Sometimes it’s not about adding, but rather taking away. A cleaner space will really allow you to see what changes you want.
- Rearrange what you have. This is one of my favorite things to do as it makes our old items feel new again. Sometimes it is helpful to start with a blank slate to get ideas to pop in our heads. For example, remove everything from your coffee table, console table, and side tables and put it all aside in one spot. Now look at your blank slates and start adding pieces back in a new way.
- A new hand towel in the kitchen or bathroom gives an instant update with lots of bang for your buck. Whoever likes this checked one below…I love your style. I’ll take that cute little purse too.
- Hand Soap & Lotion. Don’t underestimate the little things. Hand soap & lotion may be practical, but the look or scent may evoke a certain feeling. I have the Clean Hands hand soap below and it’s by far my favorite liquid soap to date. With that said, there is nothing like a beautiful bar of soap. I think it’s so pretty to look at as well as useful to use. It’s one of those things I like to pick up on a fun shopping trip to remember it by. …as long as it has clean ingredients.
- Look to a new rug if you want to majorly change the look of your space without buying all new furniture. If you happen to like your rug, but it’s just had it’s life, replace it with a similar one as you already know you like it. I did this last year with the exact same rug after trying two different ones first. I thought I wanted a new look when my previous rug wouldn’t clean up anymore. However, it turned out I wanted the exact same thing. Sometimes you just get it right the first time.
- Change up your colors by changing out your throw pillows in your home. If you are low on space, but like to have different pillows in the winter vs. the summer, just buy pillow covers. Yes, you have to always buy the same size and sometimes it’s more expensive, but it saves on space.
- Real or faux, adding new greenery to a space is one of the easiest ways to freshen it up. Greens add so much life and real plants help clean the air. While my first choice is always real, I know it’s not always an option so I linked faux below as well.
- Look to baskets to put toys, remotes, blankets, dirty clothing, magazines, or even that plant you just bought in. Rattan and woven baskets also add more texture to the home. If you have a more neutral home like I do, different materials and textures keep it from looking too stale.
- Add a new lamp to a corner of your home. The unexpectedness of a lamp in a kitchen or bathroom always packs an extra punch. I have wanted a small one in my kitchen for a while, and I just bit the bullet and ordered the white version of the pink lamp below.
SAVE + PIN IT FOR LATER:
You May Enjoy:
Tag me in your refreshed spaces on Instagram @herhealthystyle. I’d love to see!
Grateful you are following along! xx Riane
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I am only featuring items I love. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you so much for your support! See my full disclosure.