I thought I would share 39 random things about me on my 39th birthday so you know a little more about me.
- My name Riane is pronounced Ryan. I didn’t always love my name growing up, but I do now.
- I am 5’5″ tall.
- I am a big animal lover, but I especially love little fluffin muffin dogs. There is something about being able to pick them up and carry them around. My angel baby Bentley was my world. My husband and I don’t want to get another dog for a long time, but I’ve considered putting myself on Rover so we can have some fluffin muffins come stay with us. “Fluffin Muffins Wanted”
- My favorite sport – paddle boarding. I have only went a few times, but yes, I’m claiming it as my favorite sport. Clearly I’m a big sports person.
- I started and owned a successful airbrush tanning business for almost 11 years. Although I was proud of what I built and accomplished, I was ready to let it go as it didn’t align with me anymore.
- At this point in my life, I feel like I accomplished what I wanted to as far as a big career. With this said, I still feel like I have something else in me. I have high hopes for this blog turning into something great. If not though, I am learning a lot along the way and hope to be inspiring in some way in the meantime.
- I’m superstitious about telling people things before it actually happens. Anytime either I or my husband has told a family member or friend about something bigger, it never happened.
- With this said, I am a believer in many things happening for a reason, even if it takes forever to figure out why.
- One saying that stuck with me is “If it’s meant for you, it won’t get by you.” This does not mean I just wait for things to happen or don’t work my buns on whatever I’m working on at hand though. I give it my all.
- I’m never afraid to fail. I think we learn from everything and it helps us get to where we are meant to go next.
- My mom said I had the confidence I do now since I was 5 or 7 (I forget which one). I think believing in yourself is more than half of it. The rest you can learn along the way.
- Another quote that has stuck with me. “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” John Lennon. It’s so true. I remind myself this often as it’s the journey in life, not the destination. It’s also why one of my “goals” this year is just to have more fun and enjoy life more.
- Although I save and plan for the future, I am very good at living in the day at hand. Even if I have really fun weekend plans, I do not live for the weekends. I try to make the most of and enjoy each day as best as I can.
- I love to be organized. My head feels in disarray when I’m not. I don’t mean junk drawers or messy closets either, as somehow those don’t usually get to me. I’m talking about my work tasks and to-do lists. It kills me if I feel behind or all over the place. I have Notion on my desktop and a weekly planner where I jot everything down. My handwriting is atrocious and my planner looks messy, but it’s organized.
- I think I’ve been bored once in my adult life. There is always something to do.
- With this said, I would really love to embrace “dolce far niente” more. The sweetness of doing nothing.
- I got married to my husband right after college and we have been married for 16 years. It didn’t feel too early when we got married; we were ready. I’m an Aquarius and he’s a Gemini. According to our signs, we are highly compatible. I have to agree. We have a crazy connection and I never take it for granted. He’s my everything.
- We have not wanted any kids other than a furry one.
- I like to be immersed in different cultures and hope to travel more someday. Work kind of took the forefront of everything for so long for us and my husband and I also never wanted to leave our dog.
- I studied abroad and lived with a host family in Costa Rica one summer in college. It was somewhat of a rough experience, but my weekends traveling to the beautiful provinces were amazing. I never wanted to go back for the longest time, but I am now ready when the time comes.
- When traveling, it has to be a destination where I will enjoy the food and a beautiful place I want to stay in. It’s why Tulum is always in my head. Beautiful beaches, a jungle, lots of fresh fruit, quality food, great coffee, a focus on wellness, nature, and the natural bohemian style that is throughout. I even have a scar under my eye from a bad bug bite there and it’s still one of my favorite places. On the flipside, I would fly to Italy again in a heartbeat. It always had my heart after our honeymoon there. The food may be pizza and pasta, but when it’s the freshest ingredients with no preservatives, I’d be there for it for an occasion. I would just pack extra digestive supplements.
- I used to be fairly fluent in Spanish, especially after living with my host family in Costa Rica. However, I am sad to say I lost it after all of these years. I start speaking it a little bit when I travel to Mexico, but it’s so little now as years pass. I’m sure I could pick it back up if I lived in a Spanish speaking country a few months though.
- I may indulge in the unhealthy sometimes, but I am generally a stickler about food quality and ingredients. It’s rare when I throw all caution to the wind, but there are still always those “rainy days” I eat something that defies all. I rarely think twice about it either. If it speaks to me that day, well, then, I’m having it. Plus, I can’t be as picky when I’m outside my home. I still like to go out. Control what I can, let go of what I cannot.
- I am not a big drinker, but when I do drink alcohol, 99% of the time it’s wine. I love a good dry red. If it doesn’t hit my belly or tastebuds right though, I know not to drink it. I have figured out I enjoy Sangiovese and Tempranillo grapes so I usually enjoy a Chianti or Rioja. I also prefer the wine slightly chilled as the cooler temp helps keep the acidity down and gives a smoother taste. Tequila, mezcal, and a Corona will pop in here and there in the summer when I don’t feel like a dry Rose or White wine.
- If there was one food that I wish was healthy, I would say cheese.
- I am only a natural in the kitchen when it comes to all of the raw stuff like smoothies, salads, that sort of thing. There were years where my husband was home more than me and he did most of the cooking. I always packed our smoothies and lunch salads/wraps though. That’s where I excel more. I also have zero chopping skills. If my husband is home, he takes over in that area. I am good at cutting stuff like vegetables for a platter, just not chopping. I have come a long way though.
- I am extremely good with money. It’s not all about what you make, but how you spend and save it as well. I could easily fill a long blog post about this.
- I am a high-low girl when it comes to purchases. I will buy expensive items on one end (quality over quantity), and on the other I’ll buy a $4 rattan handbag at a thrift store. It just depends on what it is.
- Favorite type of shopping – home shopping, vintage and thrift stores.
- I didn’t have Amazon Prime until the pandemic happened. Then it seemed inevitable since I was not stocked up on anything. Now I probably order too much from Amazon.
- I enjoy many styles in fashion and home interior. Modern, classic, eclectic, retro, and bohemian are some styles I am drawn to.
- I am known to be a good host. I learned so much from my mom growing up. I always want everyone to feel welcome and have something that they will enjoy when they come over. Thankfully I have some friends that are killer hosts as well so it’s nice when I can just go enjoy sometimes too.
- I have a passion for making our home a home and a beautiful space for my husband and I to live.
- Our home was a complete gut rehab job before my husband renovated it all. I designed it all and he made it happen. I have vision and he is super handy. It works out well.
- After two years of renovation, we were just about to host a house warming party and we ended up having a fire in our bathroom that caused the sprinkler system to go off and no one could get it off. We ended up flooding lots of other units and ruining a lot in our brand new home. Needless to say, I am scared of fires, smoke, anything like that.
- If you came to my house, the music would be on. It’s usually on from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. I listen to many genres of music, but a lot of the time it’s just calming background music.
- If social media ended tomorrow, I’d be here for it. I know there is so much positive that comes from it, but we made it without it before. It’s one area of this blogging world that I have a hard time with as I don’t love being on it a lot, but I’m trying. Many times I just post and go back off. I’m not tech savvy either and doing all the reels, video’s, etc. does not come natural to me. I think I’m getting better??
- I get so excited if anyone comments below on any of my blog posts. I delete a lot of spam comments each day, so it makes me so happy when I see a legit real comment. Even if you just say “hi” it will make my day!
- I embrace turning another year older and 39 sounds like a really good number to me as 3 and 9 are two of my lucky numbers. I don’t feel this old either.
Well, that’s 39 random things! I tried not to repeat all of the same things I wrote in the About Me page, so if you want to learn more, you can read here.
Well, now that I have spilled so much, tell me one random thing about you below!
So grateful you are following along and reading this blog. It means so much!
You May Enjoy:Organic Green Beauty, skincare and hair care. Cruelty Free. Shop at www.safeandchic.com
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I am only featuring items I love. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you so much for your support! See my full disclosure.