Medical Medium’s Mac & Cheese gives you the comfort feeling of the creamy bowl of pasta without any fat. Is it really cheesy tasting? No, not for me at least. However, it is really great for what it is and the ingredients it has so I wanted to share it here. Plus you can always take the recipe and doctor it up according to your preferences as well. I served it with cooked Portobello mushrooms and it definitely hit the spot for a cozy, comforting dinner.
Medical Medium’s Mac & Cheese (Fat-Free)
- 12 oz gluten-free, corn-free elbow pasta – I used Jovial elbow noodles
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium-sized carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 TBSP onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika, I also added smoked paprika on top for serving
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, more to taste
- 1/3 cup water or vegetable stock, I sometimes substitute homemade almond milk, but if you want to keep it fat-free use the water or broth – broth will deliver a richer flavor
- black pepper, to taste
Add 3 inches of water to a medium pot, insert a steaming basket, add the diced potatoes and carrots, and cover. Steam for 10 to 15 minutes until tender. Remove the potatoes and carrots from the heat and place in a blender along with the onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, turmeric, lemon juice, and broth or water. Blend until smooth and set aside.
While the vegetables are steaming, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and place back in the pot.
Pour the sauce onto the pasta and stir until evenly coated. Cook on low heat until warmed through if needed. Serve immediately.
This version is from his Brain Saver Protocols Cleanses & Recipes Book
So grateful you are joining me here! Find me on the daily @herhealthystyle on Instagram Xx, Riane
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I am only featuring items I love. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you so much for your support! See my full disclosure.