Appetizer? Fun Meal? You choose! Take this easy appetizer idea + flavor packed cracker bites and customize a platter to your liking.
Mark and I had this fun little spread for a 4th of July dinner on our balcony. We both like snack-type meals every once in awhile and these flavorfilled cracker bites are always a repeat go-to.
Easy Appetizer Idea + Cracker Bites
Build Your Appetizer Board:
- grapes for a starter bite
- cucumbers and/or other veggies of your choice
- Build Your Cracker Bites:
- Mary’s Gone Crackers – My favorite are the rosemary and jalapeno depending on what I’m feeling, but the rosemary goes better with these bites. The herb and original Mary’s Gone Crackers both contain soybean and regular vinegar so I opt for one of the many others.
- Any hummus and/or cheese spread of your liking. It’s more of a Mediterranean bite with the olive, so hummus works really great. This zuchhini hummus is a good go-to if you feel like making one. You can also opt for a homemade or storebought cashew cheese for a creamy base as well. I have this one that you can doctor up with more dried herbs and scallions if desired too. The longer you soak the cashews, the creamier it will be.
- grape or cherry tomatoes – 1 for each cracker bite
- fresh basil – 1 for each cracker bite
- Pitted Cured Botija Olives – they seem super expensive for olives at first glance, but there are a lot of servings in one bag. Super salty, but oh so amazing. If you have a Whole Foods olive bar near you, you cans always grab some of their pitted dry cured black olives. I think it’s the only thing at the olive bar without canola oil or other poor ingredients. It’s ingredients: pitted black olives, salt (not sea salt), olive oil – the ones I linked are much better/higher quality, but these are great for last minute.
Tag me in your appetizer/snack boards! I’d love to see! You inspire me too! Scroll down for the mojito mocktail that I enjoyed with this board. Xx Riane @herhealthystyle
If you could pin this to share with others, I would so appreciate it! Xx PIN IT:
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I am only featuring items I love. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you so much for your support! See my full disclosure.