It was my first time making a sweet potato veggie wrap and it did not disappoint. It was SO good!
For some reason making a homemade sweet potato wrap seemed so daunting to make, but I realized once you have a steamed potato, it’s really easy.
I used Medical Medium’s sweet potato pizza crust recipe (not his sweet potato tortilla recipe) to make 1 large wrap. I actually use his sweet potato tortilla crust to make a pizza crust. Just a little switcheroo.
If you are making wraps for 2 people, just double the recipe and split the dough to spread out onto two separate baking sheets. This is not an easy recipe to make for multiple people unless you have multiple ovens and baking sheets.
Sweet Potato Tortilla Wrap
Makes 1 wrap
- 1 cup steamed sweet potatoes, cooled – 2 regular sized sweet potatoes yields a little over 1 cup cooked
- 3 TBSP arrowroot starch
- 3 TBSP coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- small pinch of Himalayan salt or sea salt (Medical Medium’s recipe calls for 1/2 tsp which is a good amount for a pizza crust, but too much salt to be used as a tortilla wrap)
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Steam the sweet potatoes. Any method of your choice.
MM method: Place peeled and diced sweet potatoes in a steamer. Cover with a lid and steam for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Remove and cool.
My Instant Pot Method: – Peel & cut sweet potatoes into large chunks. Add 1 cup of water and the trivet to the instant pot. Place the cut potatoes over the trivet. Pressure cook on high for 18 minutes and quick release. Stick in the fridge a few minutes to cool faster. Sticking them in the fridge can dry them out a bit, so just don’t leave them in too long if you do this.
- Measure out 1 cup of cooled sweet potatoes (save any remaining for another recipe). Mash the sweet potato in a bowl with a fork until smooth.
- Add in the coconut flour, arrowroot starch, dried oregano, and salt. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using your hands, spread the dough to 1/4 inch thickness into a tortilla shape. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until you are able to easily fold it without it falling apart. Mine needed around 27 minutes to get it to a good consistency.
- Wrap with the below ingredients while it is still warm.
Sweet Potato Wrap Veggie Ingredients:
- Curly Kale tossed with a Tahini Sauce – Blend together 1/4 cup tahini, 1 large garlic clove, 2 medjool dates, 1/4 cup water, and 1/2 lemon. Add a little more water if needed (makes enough for 2 servings).
- Thin strips of cut veggies – red bell pepper, zucchini (cucumber would be great too), red onion, jalapeño, banana pepper
- Add an additional drizzle of tahini sauce over the kale & veggies for good measure. Wrap & Roll! ENJOY!
Let me know if you make it! Tag me @herhealthystyle so I can see your deliciousness. Thanks for being here with me! Xx Riane
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I am only featuring items I love. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you so much for your support! See my full disclosure.