Meditation can seem daunting when you first start out and I hope to help you see that it’s really not that scary or “out there.” I’m sharing what has helped me with my simple meditation practice in hopes that it will help you as well. 9 Meditation Tips For Beginners | Video Included:
9 Meditation Tips For Beginners:
- Pick a designated meditation spot to meditate. It’s just another signal to your brain that really helps.
- Meditate around the same time everyday or after another habit that you’ve already created. For example maybe you choose to meditate right after working out or right before working out if you have already created that habit. Or maybe it’s first thing when you wake up before you do anything else. I like doing it in the morning since it starts my day on a positive note.
- Get comfortable. Make sure you are comfortable when you meditate. You don’t have to sit up right and cross legged like I do. You can sit on a chair, sit up in bed, whatever feels good to you. Sometimes I’ll even put on a pair of socks, a sweater, or let my hair down if its up. Just get comfortable.
- Put on a designated essential oil if you like scents. The same scent might help signal to your brain that it’s time to meditate. Lavender, frankincense, and grounding blends are more popular and calming oils. Any oil that helps you slow down, take deeper breaths, and/or relax is great.
- Listen to a Free Guided Meditation on YouTube. I listen to 5, 10, and 15 minute Boho Beautiful Meditations on YouTube. Her voice is super calming, she helps you get in the zone while she talks, gives you a mantra to focus on, and then it’s just soothing background music while you continue on.
- Place your hands up towards the ceiling/sky on your legs if you want to receive on a given day. Place your hands down on your legs if want to feel more grounded on a given day. (Better shown in video below.)
- When you close your eyes, look inward in-between your two eyes. If you need more, try envisioning a bright white light coming in towards the center of your two eyes. Envision that light purifying you as it comes through your body. It might sound a little crazy, but it often works when my mind wanders.
- Try not to judge your practice as hard as it is. Especially in the beginning when you may feel like it’s doing absolutely nothing. Just let it be what it is.
- Keep doing it over and over again. Don’t give up. You will eventually start to feel that lighter feeling energy and reap the benefits of meditation. However, just know that to this day I still have many meditations where my mind wanders. It’s going to happen and that is OK!
Watch the below video for further explanation and visual aide:
Comment below if you enjoyed this post or just want to say hello! Thank you for joining me here. If you just stumbled on my page, I hope you stick around. Xx Riane
Find me on the daily @herhealthystyle on Instagram
You May Enjoy:
5 Morning Habits To Improve Your Mood
Pin It For Later: 9 Meditation Tips For Beginners | Video Included
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I am only featuring items I love. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you so much for your support! See my full disclosure.
Leave a Reply