You have probably heard of the celery juice craze by now, stemmed from Medical Medium’s Celery Juice Movement. You may have heard about it through social media, goop, a friend, or even someone at your grocery store buying an insane amount of celery to juice. If not, I’m here to introduce you to something that I do almost EVERY DAY, unless I am on vacation or away from home. You may decide you want to do it too!
Medical Medium is the person behind this “celery juice movement” as it’s called. He gets some crap for not being a doctor or having science to back up all his findings, but it’s hard to deny the millions of people that are healing from his information that have not healed from science and research. I am here to tell you firsthand when you feel like crap and you have spent a year or more trying everything and going to different doctors, getting multiple tests done and nothing seems to be anything but a temporary Band-Aid if that, you’ll gladly try it out. So when I was going through health issues from an overload of environmental toxins and heavy metals for a year, I jumped on board once I heard how Medical Medium’s celery juice was supposedly healing millions.
Although my previous health symptoms have cleared and I feel great, I have no plans of stopping it. We are exposed to so many toxins on the daily and celery juice helps flush those toxins out.
Celery juice has so many health benefits from it’s sodium cluster salts that you can read about on Medical Medium’s blog. You can also follow him on Instagram for a wealth of information including healing stories from others. Once I was feeling the benefits of drinking daily celery juice for a few months, I dived into all of his books and information.
Here are just some of the benefits from daily celery juice:
- more mental clarity
- improved digestion
- heals bacterial infections
- heals vertigo
- less bloating
- stable mood
- improved energy
- less anxiety
- heals acid reflux
- heals chronic fatigue
- rids constipation/keeps you regular
- skin health – clear & glowing skin
Medical Medium recommends 16 oz of daily celery juice on an empty stomach every morning with no additional ingredients – just celery. I do 16-24 oz depending on how many ounces my celery bunch gets me. In the beginning I had to RUN to the bathroom shortly after drinking it, so you could always start with less and work your way up with time if you don’t want to be running to the bathroom as much right away. I don’t know at what point this stopped for me, but it was for sure a good few months. Remember every body is different and we all carry a different toxic load, so it’s best not to compare yourself to others.
“Celery juice is one of the most profound ways, if not the most profound way, to restore digestive health. It is that powerful.”— Anthony William, Medical medium
My Morning Routine with Medical Medium’s Celery Juice
- Drink 16oz of lemon water – 1/2 lemon squeezed in 16oz of room temperature water (hot water in winter)
- Wait 20 – 30 minutes (you need this spaced out time if you have anything prior to celery juice)
- Drink 16- 24oz of celery juice
- Wait 20-30 minutes (you wait this time prior to eating or drinking anything else so nothing interferes with the juice)
- Breakfast (Celery juice is not a meal replacement)
Celery Juice Tips
- You can juice the leaves if you wish, but they make the juice a little bitter. I just cut off the very top ends of the celery including whatever leaves are in that chop, and juice the rest.
- The whiter, fatter bunches tend to make a more enjoyable drinking juice. Sometimes even with these though, you just get a bad bunch that does not taste the best. I still drink it.
- Buy organic when possible. Celery gets sprayed with a ton of pesticides. If it’s not an option, buy conventional celery and really wash it well with some free & clear seventh generation soap. I still wash my organic celery with this soap when buying it loose at the grocery store.
- The larger the bunch, the more juice you get from it, the better bang for your buck. I look like a crazy person digging for the largest bunches at the store.
- I buy a week’s worth of celery at a time. This way I am not running to the store or find myself without it. Since my husband does it now too, it’s 14 bunches at a time. It’s tight quarters in the fridge for those first few days.
- Ideally use your celery before it goes limp. If your celery goes limp in the fridge, trim the ends of it and stick the bunch upright in a container with water for a bit. It will usually crisp up. Juice it shortly after.
- It is best to drink celery juice right after juicing it, so it contains the most enzymes and healing properties.
- Even if you don’t like the taste of celery juice right away, give it time. It tastes hydrating to me. There are times where it tastes awful, but it’s usually when I get a bad bunch of celery. It happens.
- If you need to make celery juice ahead of time, aim to drink it within 12 hours (the sooner the better). Remember drinking it right after juicing is best.
- “Celery juice is most powerful when you drink it solo” according to Medical Medium.
- To get the most juice out of your celery as well as retain the most amount of enzymes, Medical Medium recommends a masticating juicer. By all means, use whatever you have access to though. You could always check Craig’s List or Facebook for a lightly used one as well.
- The masticating juicer I use is the Omega J8006HDS Ultimate Juicer and Nutrition System. UPDATE: I now use the Nama J2 Juicer as I juice a lot and it’s much more efficient for bulk juicing. Shop through this link and use coupon code RIANE55 to save $55 off of the J2.
Do I think if I drink daily celery juice I don’t have to pay attention to anything else I am eating or doing? 100% NO. I just believe this is one HUGE tool in my box and I am so grateful for it. I am not going to pretend I love to make the juice each morning. The benefits far outweigh this though.
Medical Medium’s Celery Juice Recipe
Ingredients: 1 large bunch celery.
Directions: Rinse the celery and run it through a juicer. You want to aim for at least 16 ounces of fresh celery juice.
Drink immediately for best results.
MY TIDBIT: I wash the bunch under the sink with a drizzle of Seventh Generation Free and Clear Dish Soap, rub it all over, and rinse well. I then cut/discard a little off of the top and bottom. I rinse a few stalks at a time under the water again before sticking them in the juicer.
Who is on the celery juice train with me?? Comment below!
Grateful you are here! 💛🧡 Riane
Find me on the daily @herhealthystyle
SHOP THIS POST
SAVE AND SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST:
Medical Medium’s Celery Juice Recipe – How To Make Celery Juice
- 1 large bunch celery
- Wash one bunch under the sink with a drizzle of Seventh Generation Free and Clear Dish Soap, rub it all over, and rinse well.
- Cut/Discard a little off of the top and bottom of the bunch. Cut off the large leaves so it is not as bitter.
- Rinse the stalks under the water again before adding them to your juicer. Depending on the juicer you use, you may need to chop the celery in large chunks instead of leaving them long.
- Pour and strain the juice through a fine mesh strainer into a glass of your choice. (if your juicer leaves pulp in the juice)
- Drink on an empty stomach and wait 20-30 minutes before having breakfast.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I am only featuring items I love. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you so much for your support! See my full disclosure.