If you have access to either a Trader Joe’s or a whole jicama, these jicama tacos are an incredibly quick meal idea for you. Well, quick if you want it to be. Mark and I whipped up super simple raw tacos in 5 minutes for a lunch this week. They hit the spot on a hot summer day.
Whether you want simple raw tacos, sautéed veggie tacos, black bean tacos, jackfruit tacos, or other, give jicama tortillas a try.
What is Jicama and what does it taste like?
Jicama is a crisp and crunchy root vegetable that has a very mild and lightly sweet taste. Think potato and water chestnut, but with a touch of sweetness. It’s neutral flavor pairs well with whatever ingredients you put with it.
Where to find Jicama Wraps?
Trader Joe’s has thinly sliced and ready to go Jicama wraps in their refrigerated produce section. Ingredients: Jicama
You can also buy a whole jicama if you have access to one. To make tortillas, first peel the jicama and then thinly slice it to create round taco shells. Keep in mind that they are smaller in size.
Do you eat jicama wraps / tortillas hot or cold?
While you can heat them up, they are most commonly eaten raw. This is how I eat them as well. They have a nice crunch to them which I think goes well with tacos.
Taco Ingredient Ideas:
- Heated up black beans
- Sautéed peppers and onions
- Jackfruit – I’m still new to jackfruit, but when I get a good recipe down, I’ll share.
- Red onion
- salsa, guacamole, BBQ, hemp ranch, or dressing of your choice
The quick raw tacos Mark & I made. This mix is perfect for a hot summer day.
- 1 package of Trader Joe’s Jicama Wraps, we each had 5 tacos
- 1/2 large cucumber, cut into long thing strips
- grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- hemp ranch dressing that I made in a nutribullet on the whim – I mixed 4 TBSP hemp seeds, 1 garlic clove, a loose 1/4 cup fresh dill, few shakes of dried dill, few shakes of garlic powder, few shakes of onion powder (chives would be good if you have them), tiniest bit of lemon (1 tsp), salt, pepper, and around 1/2 cup of water to start. I then tasted and adjusted liquid/seasoning. This went perfectly drizzled over the cucumber avocado mix. OR try this Zucchini Ranch Dressing
Tag me on Instagram @herhealthystyle if you make some Jicama Tacos. I’d love to see what you make! Xx Riane
PIN IT TO SHARE THE LOVE 🤍:
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I am only featuring items I love. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you so much for your support! See my full disclosure.