Just because you are throwing a party, doesn’t mean you have to throw all healthy options aside. Summer is the easiest time to include fresh fruits and veggies at your gatherings. The weather is warm and people enjoy these lighter, fresh foods. The bright happy colors also make your table and plates look extra beautiful. Your food doubles as the decor! A huge bonus is that healthy options tend to be extra easy to prepare. You can whip up a beautiful party in no time. I hope to help you embrace the healthy summer party ideas below.
Healthy Summer Party Spritzers
Besides the usual that you offer, why not have a fun little fruit/sparkling water setup. You could have watermelon, shown above (cubes would be easier), or strawberries, raspberries or blueberries would be great too. Any fruit that you can muddle, add some sparkling water and a squeeze of lime to would be great. Put it as a self-serve station so people can make whatever concoction they wish. Include a bucket or cooler of ice nearby, glasses, a muddle, cut up limes, lemons and/or orange slices, fresh mint, rosemary, and/or basil leaves (a sparkling blueberry basil lime spritzer would be so good), fresh fruit, and sparkling water. This little setup will be a huge hit.
Healthy Summer Appetizer Ideas
- Cut up Raw Veggies & Hummus – You could make this basil lemon garlic hummus or just buy store bought hummus with clean ingredients and put it in a pretty dish with a sprig of garnish on top.
- Cut up Veggies & Guacamole – A rough mash (I like a little chunky) of avocados, red onion, tomato, lime juice, Himalayan salt, and maybe a clove of garlic, comes together quick & easy. If you want to add chips, the Siete Brand in Sea Salt is one I buy with clean ingredients and no corn. See why I choose to avoid corn chips here.
- Fruit Skewers – Skewers are easy to grab at parties and they look like you did more work than you did. Just cut up your fruit and skew it on! If you know your guests would like it, you could alternate some mint leaves with the fruit and even drizzle on some raw honey.
Portobello Mushrooms – Just drizzle on a little olive oil and some Himalayan salt. Then grill for around 5 minutes on each side. When they darken and become softer and juicier, they are ready. You could also add some fresh herbs like rosemary to these too.
Vegetable Skewers – Skew on your vegetables of choice, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle on Himalayan salt & ground pepper and throw on the grill. I prefer them grilled just enough where they are still slightly crunchy to keep more nutrients in tact. Red, white, or yellow onion, zucchini, and red, orange or yellow peppers are a great mix. You could serve with a side of hummus to go with these bad boys. They do not disappoint.
Healthy Summer Party Sides & Salads
- Dill Cucumbers – Cucumbers, lots of fresh dill, lemon juice, himalayan salt and some olive oil if you wish. Just make sure your lemons taste good. I made it with some really bad sour lemons and the dish tasted terrible.
- Slice up some large tomatoes and put them in a bowl to serve on the side of grilled meals. Juicy beefsteak tomatoes scream summer.
- Chickpea Salad – If you need a hearty side dish, a chickpea dish is great. You could make this chickpea salad recipe with vegetables that are easy to keep on hand and that many eaters enjoy. You could also do one with more of a Mediterranean style if it fits your party. A mix of chickpeas, lentils, quinoa, tons of dill, mint, parsley, finely chopped red onion, raisins, and optional pumpkin seeds. Stir in olive oil, himalayan salt & cracked pepper right before serving. This is one of my favorites.
- Tabbouleh – A mix of hemp seeds, parsley, mint, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, olive oil, lemon juice, himalayan salt & cracked pepper.
I hope these healthy summer party ideas have inspired you for your next party. Tag @herhealthystyle in your photos. I would love to see the beautiful creations you make!
Grateful you are here! 💛🧡💚 Riane
SAVE + SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST:
Shop This Post
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I am only featuring items I love. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you so much for your support! See my full disclosure.