You don’t know what you don’t know. I don’t live in regret since I didn’t know the below information until this past few years. However, if I had a crystal ball I would have done the following 11 things sooner. 11 Things That Have Improved My Health That I Wish I Had Done Before:
11 Things That Have Improved My Health That I Wish I Had Done Before
- Hydrate – I didn’t drink even close to the amount of water I should have. How did I think daily toxins were going to keep flushing out of me?
- Lymph – Besides hydration, I did not do things like jump on a rebounder or use an infrared sauna. I dry brushed here and there for a long time, but never consistently. Massages, deep breathing, Gua Sha, exercise/movement, detoxing herbal teas, (I know I am forgetting some) are all part of moving the lymphatic system so it helps drain out toxins. Although I feel great now, I know I have only really begun with this area.
- Filter Water– The contaminants in most water is scary. I live in downtown Chicago and my water has 20 contaminants, 12 of which exceed the EWG Guidelines. My Berkey Water Filter (which I have only had 1.5 years) is able to remove 16 of them. You can look on Berkey and put your zip code in to see your tap water’s contaminants.
- Juice – My health has greatly benefited from almost daily celery juice these past few years. After seeing what that has done for me, I have started juicing more. It helps me get in more fruits & veggies, increase my nutrient absorption, and hydrate me even more.
- Wild Blueberries & Spirulina – I don’t think I had a single wild blueberry until I worked with a Functional Medicine Doctor & learned of the benefits. I since learned more with Medical Medium’s Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie. There are 5 ingredients that pull out heavy metals from our body (all playing a different role in what they do) – wild blueberries, spirulina, barley grass juice powder, Atlantic dulse, and cilantro. I had cilantro and dulse prior, but not in the amounts that I do now. I clearly was not detoxing my high heavy metal levels in my body.
- Eggs – It was not until I learned that certain viruses grow and proliferate in eggs when grown in labs that I stopped eating them. (I still know they sneak in occasional foods that I’m not aware of when I’m out at restaurants). I usually only ate eggs at weekend brunches, but now I know that eggs feed viruses and pathogens in my body. Of course the time when I was sick and needed to heal the most, was the only time I ate a ton of eggs because I listened to the doctor I was working with. I learned from Medical Medium that while they were once an amazing food, now that we live in a world filled with viral, bacterial, and cancer epidemics, it’s best to avoid them.
- Corn Chips– I thought I was doing good by avoiding gluten chips and buying “clean” corn chips (which I ate a lot of). They eventually started making me feel fuzzy in the head afterwards so I stopped. (Histamine reaction) I have since learned that most corn now is GMO. Corn is not the same as it used to be. Even if it is organic and says it is non-GMO, chances are that it is still GMO and can trigger health conditions. Thankfully there are so many chip options now! When it’s between flour or corn for me on a rare occurrence, flour resonates with me more. It’s going to be tough for me when I go to Mexico with tortillas, but I’ll do my best. MM list of foods to avoid here.
- Apple Cider Vinegar– I had this pretty much every day as my salad dressing for a LONG time. It eventually started to make me feel terrible and I felt it pickle my stomach. Made sense, since after learning from MM, I learned that although still the best vinegar since it is made from apples, it pickles our organs and preserves toxins in our body. It also erodes our teeth enamel over time! I still have vinegar in very small amounts here & there in wraps, out to eat, after rinsing olives, etc.
- Nutritional Yeast – Another one I would put on lunch salads many days a week for a long time. My body & face eventually reacted to it immediately when I got sick so I stopped. I have since learned from MM that it is a MSG-contaminated ingredient. It irritates the digestive system and can feed bad bacteria.
- Fruit– Thankfully I was never scared of fruit or sugar from fruit and always ate a good amount. Of course, when I felt sick and turned to a Functional Medicine Doctor (I worked with 2 over 2 years) my fruit was cut down drastically. I was told fruit feeds Candida (from my 1st doctor, not the 2nd) like so many hear. Thankfully I learned about wild blueberries in my second year and had a good amount of those each day. I also felt SO much better that second year, but I still struggled. Once I found Medical Medium info, I not only went back to my same fruit levels, I doubled or tripled it. Not only that, I try to eat a bigger variety too. FRUIT IS HEALING!!
- Potatoes – I always loved potatoes, it was my favorite part of a meal at holidays. I was never scared of the white food, and I knew sweet potatoes were good for me (despite not loving them before), but still never ate that many. (I’ve eaten a lot of unhealthy restaurant FF though.) I didn’t know the benefits of all potatoes like I do now. Medical Medium informs that they are an anti-viral, anti-bacterial food. They help fight chronic illness, help heal the digestive tract, make us feel more grounded, soothe the nerves and stress, stabilize blood sugar, help the brain and kidneys, and contain a high amount of L-Lysine which inhibits viruses. I eat a lot of them now (without oil), and have learned you can pretty much turn them into anything. 😊
If I waited for science and research to agree with all of this I would still be sick. It’s also why SO many are sick and more will continue to get sick. And don’t listen to me! Do your own research, but really take your health into your own hands. We are our own health advocate. No one can better look out for our own health than ourselves.
I highly suggest diving into Medical Medium’s books and applying his information if you are struggling with health symptoms right now. If you have a hard time with needing “proof” of everything, let the millions of people that couldn’t heal from anything else (including scientific info) be the proof.
Not sick one bit? That’s amazing. That was me too. I felt so healthy and great until I did not. I was kind of dumbfounded that I got sick when I felt I was so healthy. The cause of most illness today? Medical Medium calls it The Unforgiving Four – 1. Pathogens 2. Toxic Heavy Metals 3. Pesticides/DDT & other toxins 4. Radiation
I just wanted to share this incase I can help 1 single person out there turn around for the better. xx Riane
Thank you so much for following along. I’m so grateful you are here!
Find me on the daily @herhealthystyle
PLEASE SAVE + SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST FOR THIS ONE: 11 Things That Have Improved My Health
You May Enjoy: